Monday, April 27, 2015

Meeting the Girl in the Pictures and Catfish

Yellow

The outside source Meeting the Girl in the Pictures definitely affected how I viewed the film. To begin, I thought the film was produced well and the events that went on were very interesting. The story of Angela and Nev was captivating and left me wanting to know more about the events that went on between them. I was very engaged in the story of Angela and Nev but never once did I question who the real Megan was in the pictures. Although I knew Megan was an actual person, I figured that she was just a photographer that had her personal pictures stolen and used by a person faking her identity. I did not put much thought into how the real "Megan" would feel knowing her pictures were stolen and someone was using her identity. I was not sure if the real Megan even knew her pictures were stolen- I figured she did not know. After watching the documentary of meeting the actual girl in the pictures, I realized that the girl in the pictures was a real person too. She had a name, Aimee, and she also had her own life as a photographer, model, and wife. Aimee had no idea her pictures had been stolen and used to create a fake life and pursue a relationship. When Aimee found out, she was definitely confused and distraught about the events that had occurred. Before watching the documentary with Aimee, I did not think much about how it would affect her. Just how I did not think of the effects on Aimee, Angela did not think of the effects either. At first I thought Angela did know Aimee as a family friend as she told Nev, but in the end we learned that Aimee was not connected to Angela at all. This further proved how much Angela had lied and how she did not think much about how her actions could affect the lives of the people she pretended to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment